Home » Indian Lake, Hamilton County by Arnold W. Demarsh
Indian Lake, Hamilton County Arnold W. Demarsh

Indian Lake, Hamilton County

Arnold W. Demarsh

Published November 14th 2007
ISBN :
Kindle Edition
128 pages
Enter the sum

 About the Book 

The village of Indian Lake was formally founded in 1858, during a time when many small communities were springing up in the Adirondacks as a result of the lumber industry. In 1889, Dr. Thomas C. Durant established a branch of the Delaware and HudsonMoreThe village of Indian Lake was formally founded in 1858, during a time when many small communities were springing up in the Adirondacks as a result of the lumber industry. In 1889, Dr. Thomas C. Durant established a branch of the Delaware and Hudson Railroad that connected Saratoga Springs and North Creek. Through the later part of the 19th century and early-20th century, the Adirondack Mountains became a paradise destination for the rich and famous. Indian Lake, which began as a stopover for Blue Mountain Lake and Raquette Lake, quickly grew into a tourist center in its own right because of its ideal location and beauty. Indian Lake, Hamilton County is a pictorial journey through the golden age of this region, a haven of beauty and nature.